Re: OFFTOPIC: New list please?

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:06:37 -0800 (PST)

Rhapsody is basically NextStep which is BSD based... no biggie except
it had f**ked up locations for header files the last time I checked 3 years
ago.

Since the port has been done to solaris.. it should relatively easy to
port Framemaker over.

--Jauder

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Mathew Burrack wrote:

> The OS vendor may pay for the effort, but the company has to do the port, right? If
> so, I don't know about Quicken, but Framemaker and Photoshop are now both owned by
> Adobe, and since they have their hands full porting all their products to Rhapsody
> at the moment, it's unlikely they'd turn their attention to Linux anytime soon
> (unfortunately).
>
> Unless, of course, the Rhapsody interface is as similar to UNIX as I've
> heard--perhaps then it wouldn't be too much effort to port the Rhapsody version to
> Linux--or would it?

ADVISORY: There Is an Extremely Small but Nonzero Chance That, Through a
Process Known as 'Tunneling,' This Message May Spontaneously Disappear
from Its Present Location and Reappear at Any Random Place in the
Universe, Including Your Neighbour's Kitchen. The Author Will Not Be
Responsible for Any Damages or Inconveniences That May Result.