Re: Confirmation for subscribe apo-exec

AndroSyn (androsyn@n3ryb.dyn.ml.org)
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:14:31 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 16:15:37 -0500
From: "Stephen C. Trier" <trier@odin.INS.CWRU.Edu>
To: AndroSyn <androsyn@n3ryb.dyn.ml.org>
Subject: Re: Confirmation for subscribe apo-exec

On Jan 8, 3:41pm, AndroSyn wrote:
> This type of abuse is not tolerated. If this type of abuse is not
> fixed, your site will be blocked from the various sites I adminstrate.

No need. We are victims, too. It is our mail server that is being
bombed with bogus subscription requests, after all, and that means lots
of pain for us as well as for you. All of the requests bombing your
list are forged and attempt to frame real people who aren't involved.
We want to be absolutely sure we know who the perpetrator is before we
start locking out the sites he is using.

In the meantime, I apologize for the many bogus messages you are
receiving. They'll end soon.

Stephen

--
Stephen Trier  KG8IH        "[I]t's time to put your power supply under the
Work: trier@ins.cwru.edu     cardboard pyramid in the fridge with the oranges