Re: sb sound in 2.1.77

Fri, 09 Jan 98 07:09:36 +1000

>I'm subscrib to this list because I've a sbawe32 and since i installed the
>kernel 2.1.77 i can't get sound because the compilation with sound option
>failed, with or without module option.
>I've seen a patch in http://www.linuxhq.com/lsm/ for, i believed, this
>problem, but it doesn't correct it.

Compile sound as modules in 2.1.78 with the following patch and it should
work (it does for me).

diff -ru linux/drivers/sound/Makefile linux-patched/drivers/sound/Makefile
--- linux/drivers/sound/Makefile Sat Jan 3 21:09:50 1998 +++
linux-patched/drivers/sound/Makefile Sat Jan 3 21:09:30 1998 @@
-95,9 +95,7 @@
ifeq ($(CONFIG_SB),m)
M_OBJS += sb.o