Re: possible knfs bug...

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:56:21 -0500

Thomas Richter wrote:
> I see exactly the same thing with an SGI Irix 6.2 (or 5.3) client
> and a Linux 2.1.78 (+ your dcheck/nfs patches) server.
> A Linux 2.0.33 client works ok.
>
> % echo xxx > xxx
> % echo yyyyyyyy > yyyyyyyy
> % ls -l
> -rw-r--r-- 1 richter agluger 4 Jan 8 14:08 xxx
> -rw-r--r-- 1 richter agluger 9 Jan 8 14:08 yyyyyyyy
> % cp xxx yyyyyyyy
> % echo q > yyyyyyyy
> % ls -l yyyyyyyy
> -rw-r--r-- 1 richter agluger 9 Jan 8 14:09 yyyyyyyy
> % cat yyyyyyyy
> yyyy

That again could be a cache not being flushed on the client -- the file
contents appear to be q\nx\nyyyy\n from just overlaying all the data.

> ??? The bytecount should be 4 for both files in Franks case, I think.
> Anyway, it is wrong on the Linux server as well in my case.

What are the contents of the file on the server? Also, I'd like to see
what a stat command shows for the full timestamps after each write to
the file.

Regards,
Bill