RE: AIC7xxx.c oops

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 13:03:08 -0600 (CST)

On 07-Jan-98 Paul Wouters wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have been trying to get a Intel Intellect server to work with the onboard
>scsi controller and have failed so far. Since you seem to be the maintainer
>for this part, i'll try you and cc: it to linux-kernel.
>
>The machine is a Intel Intellect (latest bios), with a "Turbochip" from
>Kingston. (This is a AMD 5x86 chip that fits in a 5V socket, works like a
>charm when using root on NFS)
>
>The relevant scsi messages at boot (2.0.33) are:

[ snipped messages ]

>I get similar results for 2.1.78 and pre-2.0 kernels, so either my system
>is
>pretty broken, or this bug has been in there for quite some time. (Or both
>:)

I think your machine is pretty broken. It looks like that HP Lan card and
driver are stomping on the 2742T's I/O address. I say this because the card
is working fine through the SCSI bus scan, then the HP driver starts up,
then we get a BRKADRINT on the card, which means that the card was accessed
when it hadn't been paused, then when we go to look at the card, all three
of our hardware lists on that card have been stomped on. I think we have a
bad configuration here somewhere.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 07-Jan-98
Time: 13:03:10