Re: e2compression for 2.1.78

Peter Moulder (reiter@netspace.net.au)
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 04:38:46 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:

> e2compression broke in 2.1.78 (kernel with e2comp build in will not
> even boot, even if there's nothing compressed needed for booting). Is
> there fix or should I go and fix it myself?

> [Any idea what might cause this? I took a look and inode * -> dentry *
> changes should not hit e2compression.]

I think it should. You are subscribed to the e2compr list, aren't you?
I posted something on this the other day. (Or maybe you don't have
mail filtering; the subject line was `minor change necessary for
2.1.78'.) Anyway, there's an e2compr patch for 2.1.78 that I've been
using without any troubles (though I haven't tried to break it) for the
past few hours. Get it from <http://netspace.net.au/e2compr/software.html>.

Btw, the change was in ext2_readpage(). i_op->readpage's first param is
now of type dentry*.

pjm.