Re: Sound as modules - i give up...

Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:51:02 -0600

Riccardo Facchetti writes:

> If you want to use a development kernel you know you should expect
> better code, but maybe hidden bugs and sometimes filesystem corruptions
> et al.

I agree with that.

> You should not expect documentation.

Actually, I do expect documentation. I expect people to write
documentation at the same time they write the code. I expect patches
to come with README files and patches to the Documentation/ directory.

I often find, when I am writing documentation, that it motivates
me to make my code cleaner and clearer. I would rather clean
something up than write an excuse for it in my documentation.

Some of my patches have documentation at the front of the patch,
but then that documentation will get lost when the patch is merged.
Oops. I'll work on that.

Michael Chastain
<mailto:mec@shout.net>
"love without fear"