RE: 2940 controller lockup?

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 14:10:22 -0600 (CST)

On 06-Jan-98 Markl wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I have an adaptec 2940AU adaptor on an ageing p100 system
>and for some time using linux with scsi support and then rebooting
>requires i power down the system everytime.
>normally itl go thru the pci bus scan sequence when rebooting
>except when ive just had linux running, it will reboot and freeze up
>at the PRESS CTRL-A for setup util (name?) prompt.
>
>using the AIC-7xxx driver
>
>have i set something wrong or is linux just screwing with the
>scsi card?

Yep, you have something set wrong. In the Adaptec SCSI BIOS (what you press
CTRL-A to get into) under the Advanced options is the SCAM Plug-n-Play
support, it needs to be disabled if I remember correctly (or is it
enabled)? Anyway, go into the Adaptec BIOS and switch the setting from
whatever it is to the other setting and your problem should go away.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 06-Jan-98
Time: 14:10:23