Re: Mysteriously disappearing 2.0.33

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 18:13:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Klaus Lichtenwalder wrote:

[Re: a nasty unexplained crash]

> The machine simply crashed after an uptime of 14 days. Nothing in the
> logs. It looks like one isdn interface and one asynchronous ppp
> interface were active at that time.
>
> Guess I recompile the kernel with the memory-leak patch? Anybody else
> has ideas?

Did the anti-ISDN kernel buffer overrun code go into 2.0.x yet? If not,
this is a pretty serious omission, and a possibility.

The more people running with the mem-leak detection patch, the better I
suppose! :)

Do you get any stuck sockets in your "netstat -ao" output?

Chris