Re: linux-nfs-0.4.21 for Alpha glibc

Olaf Kirch (okir@monad.swb.de)
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 10:31:45 +0100

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Dec 31, 1997 at 10:08:46AM -0500, Bill Hawes wrote:
> Unless someone else is contemplating changes, I think it's safe to
> declare the kernel API for knfsd is stable. There undoubtedly are bugs
> remaining to be fixed, but this shouldn't require any changes to the
> API, and cleaning up the include files and linux-nfs package will
> encourage more people to test knfsd.

You're right. What's more, if there are changes to the API I included
an API version number in all argument structs which we can use if it
changes. I'll try to build a new version RSN.

The only thing that's worrying me are possible discrepancies between kernel
and user land types such as uid_t and dev_t. If they don't match, we'll
have a serious problem. Maybe we need to use generic types in the argument
structs (e.g. unsigned int instead of uid_t). Any comments on this?

Olaf

--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir@monad.swb.de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax