Re: 2.1.68+(well 75 at least?) routing, etc... reject

Tuomas Heino (tbittih@xgw.fi)
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 22:15:48 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, A.N.Kuznetsov wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.971229222259.8805C-100000@xgw10.pal.xgw.fi> you wrote:
> : That means 10.1.16.4 can do dns and some other stuff but it won't be able to do everything needed for http to work...
> : The reject route to that external host (193.94.113.201) works well... I think ;)
>
> What the problem do you see here? Seems, it works.

Ok, I realized what I was doing wrong... I need to use ipfwadm if I want
to deny outgoing traffic for a host, right? ;)

> : Also if I delete reject routes the programs won't notice that before that "optimization" has "timed out"
>
> What do you mean? What "optimization"? What timeout?

That a deleted route stays in routing table without the UP flag for some time...
for reject routes this's kinda odd as the *route don't show the UP flag for reject routes...