Re: There is no config file '/etc/conf.modules'...

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 19:05:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Lee Seung-Yong wrote:

> When I config my kernel, I set 'Enable loadable module support' to Yes.
>
> Then, I make modules, modules_install. There is no error during make.
>
> But there is no config file '/etc/conf.modules'.
>
> What's wrong..?
>
> I don't know if modules work well.

If the module utilities don't find a /etc/conf.modules (or
/etc/modules.conf), then they will use a default conf.modules, which is
built-in at compile-time. To dump it, say "modprobe -c". If sombody says
to add somthing to /etc/conf.modules, and you don't have one, just create it.

-=- James Mastros

--
Information as a base of power is coming to an end.  In the way the world
works tomorrow, the power to *do* *something* *with* *information* is what

-=- James Mastros, rephrasing Nugget (David McNett, distributed.net Big Man)