Re: Race conditions galore (2.0.33 and possibly 2.1.x)

Lance Dillon (riffraff@gte.net)
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 16:40:57 -0500

Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > which just leads to another question.....why is that patch seperate, and
> > why is the md driver included in the kernel if you cant even get the
> > raidtools compiled (to interface with the md driver) without the
>
> Sorry, I successfully using md as is in 2.1.66 or so. No patch was
> neccessary to the kernel. (Well, it's true that I got binary
> distributions of commands...).
>
> If raidtools can not be compiled, and if it is kernel's bug, than it
> should be corrected.
>
> Pavel

well, no, it just that in order to compile the tools, i have to apply the raid
patch.....i just dont need the patch to USE the tools (if i have to toast the
source tree, and untar it again, and dont put the raid patch back in, the
tools still work)...

i am also successfully using md (raid0,linear) on 2.0.33, with no problems...

lsd