Re: Floppy problem

Gadi Oxman (gadio@netvision.net.il)
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 21:16:57 +0300 (IST)

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a solutoion to floppy problem? (I.e. one device filling whole
> RAM with its write-back buffers?) Before I start solving it, I would
> be interested if it is not already done. (I think that someone
> reported he has it working some time ago...)
>
> Pavel

A while ago I created patch which splitted the buffer cache into several
buffer caches, one for each device. If I recall correctly, by default the
patch limited each buffer cache to:

MAX(500 buffers, max number of buffers which we can flush in one second
to that device)

The patch is available as buffer-2.1.54.gz on:

http://www.huwig.de/linux/mama/21-unsorted-9737.html

Gadi