Re: Triton DMA

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 10:03:23 +0100 (MET)

Doug Ledford wrote:

> >Well, :-) May I suggest you take off the termination of your bus :-)
> >you might get a nice chance to test error recovery within a few
> >minutes :-) (*)

> Believe it or not, the Adaptec SCSI cards are actually psuedo
> reliable with only one end of the bus terminated. You see
> occasional resets and such with

It partly depends on the length of the SCSI bus and the loading. This
thread started because I had connected a 4G disk to an unterminated
end of my SCSI bus. This went well until I connected a second disk
there....

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a