Re: patch for 2.1.66 smbfs, smbclient

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 10:59:48 -0500

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> Umm... nope. It enters the retry code and only sometimes does it send
> smbclient a signal. The times it does - everything works. But when it
> doesn't - well, the connection is closed so obviously things don't work.

Hi Chris,
I think I found the problem with the signalling -- it looks like the
call to kill_proc() is incorrect. It doesn't set the priv flag, so it
may fail to send a signal depending on which process and/or user is
making the call. I'm always running as root so I don't see any failures,
but probably if the connection fails for a user task the signal won't be
sent.

Does this fit the pattern of failures you're seeing? I'll get it fixed
right away ..

Regards,
Bill