Re: 2.0.32 aiee with ISDN

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
28 Nov 1997 16:48:19 +0100

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.971128160616.13743T-100000@Mandelbrot.suse.de>,
Hubert Mantel <mantel@suse.de> wrote:
>On 28 Nov 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
>> The ISDN subsystem still doesn't look very solid. We're using it as
>> gateway on a computer fair (HCC dagen Utrecht) but already after the
>> first hour:
>
>I cannot confirm problems with ISDN in 2.0.32:

Well, I use it at home too, and I do experience lockups every now and then,
and my cow-orkers do too. Usually it's enough to hangup and redial. This
happens especially with Multilink PPP, which I just don't use anymore.
However @home I've been running 2.0.32 only for the last few days,
so we'll have to see how it holds together.

However this was a kernel aiee, that shoudn't be possible. Do you have
any idea what causes this?

By the way, the ISDN link has been up the rest of the day, I've just turned
off the idle timeout so that the link stays up - no problems anymore.
Strange.

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  Studying to be a technomage   <*>
    miquels@cistron.nl  | "May you live in interesting times"