Re: FireWall Questions.

Fyodor (fygrave@freenet.bishkek.su)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 15:55:37 +0600 (GMT+0500)

> > Fyodor <fygrave@freenet.bishkek.su> wrote:
> > | Anyone could tell me what are that mistery rules,and which is:
> > | default 4
> ------------
> hoping that I remember things right, this "default 4" stands for the
> default rule applied to packets passing the filter when no other
> rules match. I think "4" stands for "FW_SKIP", which means that the
> packets are skipped when entering the filter (input-, forwarding-, or
> output filter).

yep.. found that. in ../linux/include/firewall.h
#define FW_BLOCK 0
#define FW_ACCEPT 1
#define FW_REJECT (-1)
#define FW_REDIRECT 2
#define FW_MASQUERADE 3
#define FW_SKIP 4
so when it refers on X rule in /proc/net/ip_forward|input|output, it
refers to those rules in fact?. Hmmm.. Wonder what FW_SKIP mean then?
disabled forwarding packets *(skip)*, what FW_REJECT would mean..
and another question:
If i have binary of the kernel running on some system,, but don't have
source code (where i could have a look in config file). How do i figure
with what options/modules enabled/disabled it was compiled, is there a way?