Re: [sx]quake still segfaults with 2.0.32 and MMX pentium

Adam Wiggins (madman@zip.com.au)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:39:05 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > this DOESN't have any problems, also note that I never had this problem
> > > with qwcl ( the quake world client ). I have a p200mmx, if you need more
> > > info jsut ask, also if someone finds a fix for it, I'll be glad to check
> > > it out and see if it works ( I'm not a kernel hacker, I only read this
> > > list because I like to keep track of the kernel development, and see where
> > > its going :) )
> >
> > Next question. Does anyone see this problem who doesnt have an MMX pentium ?
>
> hm, is there any official INVLPG errata in MMX pentiums? Also, this might
> be similar to the 4MB pages + overclocking problem, does anyone see this
> bug with non-overclocked, never-ever-crashed MMX pentiums?

I have a pent mmx 200 that got this problem. I also know a few ppl
with 200's and 166's mmx's that had this problem. Thing is why does 2.1.X
kernels fix it. Other that this *minor* bug the machine works fine and
only sometimes locks up when switching for VC's to svgalib programs or
VC's to X and visa versa.
Cheers Adam