RE: Weird problems w/2.0.32

Dmitri Alexeev (alexeev@math.tulane.edu)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:56:02 -0600 (GMT+6)

To use all 80M you need to append a line to your lilo.conf:

image = /zImage.2032
label = linux
append = "mem=80M"
read-only
vga = normal

Something like that. The 3rd line does the trick. I just had the same
thing a couple weeks ago. Thanks people on this list for help.
About oopses: test your memory well.
Bios startup test can say Ok to almost unusable memory. I also had this
problem. There is program memtest86 and some others which can do
nice testing. Let it run overnight and see if it finds any errors.

On 26-Nov-97 Shane DeRidder wrote:

Dmitri Alexeev
Department of Mathematics
Tulane University