Re: Linux disk buffers -- how can we control it?

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:52:21 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > Send Linux memory-management wishes to me: I'm currently looking
> > for something to hack...
> Did you think about making linux swapper look after access patterns?
> It might help *VERY* much in case swap is actually needed. What do you
> think?

This might be a great win in performance, but I don't have a clue
as to how to implement this...
OTOH, it has been implemented in some other systems, so there
might be someone around who's actually seen some code fragments...

If you have a clue, please pass it to me :)

> [And it is *hard* so it will keep you playing for awhile ;-) ]

Yep, it prolly will... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ad.inf...

Rik.