Re: Weird problems w/2.0.32

Brian Beaudoin (baddog@darkknight.net)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 04:37:36 -0500

Shane,

for your first problem, add the following line to your /etc/lilo.conf
and then re-write your boot configuration using '/sbin/lilo':

append = "MEM=80M"

The reason for this is, the memory scanning abilities of Linux have been
limited to 64MB of memory for many (all?) of the mainstream kernels. If
you use more than that, you have to specify it through the "MEM=xxxM"
option in lilo.

***

Hopefully someone else on the list can address your second problem.
I've been running 2.0.32 for only a day now on 3 machines, and I'm
waiting for a verdict myself.

Brian