Re: Hard disk errors?

Daniele (cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 01:36:34 +0000

Brian Beaudoin wrote:

> Pablo,
>
> Saw a reply to your original question, and I wanted to send in my $.02
> worth. Those log entries basically mean:
>
> "You have an IDE drive with no DMA support,
> reset function works properly, and the drive
> is capable of giving the messages 'DriveReady',
> 'DeviceFault', and 'SeekComplete' to report
> the active status of the drive."
>
> I missed your original posting, so I don't have your e-mail address to
> inquire directly. I am assuming that those messages were generated at
> boot-time in reference to an ATAPI CD-ROM drive. If that is the case,
> those messages are normal.

Normal, if there are at boot time, but I have the same problem with CDROM drive
(Sting Ray 10x) every time i try to play an audio cd with a player. I try to
set support for drive with no good ATAPI implementation, and I have the same
problem in all kernel I've installed (2.0.25, 2.0.29, 2.0.30, 2.1.39, 2.1.42,
2.1.65).I try even with hdparm: same problem.
With win95 I've no problem.

Thanx.

Daniele.
cruciani@cli.di.unipi.it