Re: page->pte_head, Was:[URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUESTED] production , machines dying

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:12:01 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> > Better than crashing, but still bad... We need a general
> > memory defragmenter, but for that we'll need a way to find
> > the pte of a physical page... Some kind of phys_to_virt without
> > knowing the PID ??
>
> One way would be to add a link to the page table entry in the page struct.
> Only remaining problem: the link have to be uptodate.
>
> A few mounths ago in summer Ben (Benjamin C R LaHaise) has written a working
> estimate for an other reason (anonymous aging of physical task pages).

Where can I find the patch... (without even the name
searching will be kinda difficult:)

Rik.

Send Linux memory-management wishes to me: I'm currently looking
for something to hack...