Re: Recommendations for 100Mbit Ethernet Card

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:55:05 -0500 (EST)

I'd recommend a 10/100 tulip card in general (card based on DEC's
2114x chip), and specifically the Kingston cards as being
very fast and trouble-free at 100mbps.

--Simon

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Thomas Schenk wrote:

> As a result of my previous request for assistance, I have received more
> than a couple of recommendations to stop using 3COM 3c905 ethernet cards,
> however, noone suggested an alternative. I would appreciate any and all
> recommendations on a replacement for this card, preferably one that can
> do hardware multicast.
>
> As always, I look forward to your responses.

Simon Karpen slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage