Re: Recommendations for 100Mbit Ethernet Card

ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 01:41:30 +0100

On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 05:55:11PM -0600, Thomas Schenk wrote:

> As a result of my previous request for assistance, I have received more
> than a couple of recommendations to stop using 3COM 3c905 ethernet cards,
> however, noone suggested an alternative. I would appreciate any and all
> recommendations on a replacement for this card, preferably one that can
> do hardware multicast.

I think the DEC Tulip 21141 based cards are an excellent choice. Of
those chips I did driverwork for the Tulips filtering possibilities are
definately the best which makes them a good choice for multicast.

Ralf