Re: [URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUESTED] production machines dying

Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:19:43 -0500 (EST)

I've seen thsi problem in 2.0.31 but it appears to be fixed in
2.0.32 (or at least a similar problem)

2.0.31 had other instabilities; i'd strongly recommend trying
2.0.32.

Simon

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Thomas Schenk wrote:

> On 24-Nov-97 Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >
> > Which kernel version is used?
>
> Sorry. 2.0.31 with inode patch.
>
> Tom
>
> ---
> +-----------------------+-------------------------+------------------------+
> | Tom Schenk | Use Linux! | All opinions expressed |
> | tschenk@dejanews.com | Friends don't let | are mine and not those |
> | tschenk@theoffice.net | friends do Windows! | of my employer. |

Simon Karpen slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage