RE: SCSI (aic7xxx and 2.0.31)

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:42:26 -0600 (CST)

On 15-Nov-97 lbrian - StarGate Marketplace wrote:

>Dear Friends
>
>I currently seem to have a problem when I upgraded
>from 2.0.30 to 2.0.31. I have a Adaptec 2930 (SCSI-2)
>Card that uses the aic7xxx driver, under 2.0.30 when
>it boots up is Resets the SCSI Bus and then it detects
>my Tape Drive just fine, but for some reason when up grade
>to the kernel source of 2.0.31 and try to boot up during
>the boot up it locks up after it tries to start to load
>the SCSI Driver!

In the Adaptec EZ-SCSI BIOS make sure that wide negotiation is turned off on
this device, and if it won't do synchronous either, then turn that off as
well. The negotiation code was changed, not entirely for the better. There
are patches in 2.0.32-pre-4 that should help with this problem as well.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 15-Nov-97
Time: 11:42:27