Re: 2.1.63 - testing Pentium bug workaround..

David Whysong (dwhysong@physics.ucsb.edu)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:19:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, David Whysong wrote:
>
> > I just tried it on my newly-compiled SMP 2.1.63 with the extra patch you
> > posted, and it does NOT fix the F00F lockup for me.
>
> i suppose you have to apply David Woodhouse's patch too, to make the fix
> work on _real_ SMP systems too. Does this fix your problems?
>
> -- mingo

[patch deleted]

The patch which you included did not work, the kernel would not compile
(presumably because I'm not using David Miller's CVS tree?). However,
using the latest patch that David Woodhouse posted, everything works.

(Whew, too many Davids!)

Dave

David Whysong dwhysong@physics.ucsb.edu
Astrophysics graduate student, University of California, Santa Barbara
PGP Key fingerprint = 9D 51 6E CE 5F 38 F0 E7 56 3C 01 45 CF 03 9F 4A
Finger for PGP public key.