Re: MPI for Linux

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:14:07 +1100

yuri mironoff writes:
> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know of a messaging library for Linux that will provide
> some or all (hopefully) of the following services:
>
> * Named mailboxes
> * Async operations
> * Network transparency
>
> XIPC from Momentum Software fits the bill - but its $$$.

This may or may not be of interest to you, but I have a library that
can provide you with the building blocks to implement some of this
stuff fairly easily. The communications layer has the same interface
for local (Unix domain) connections as for TCP/IP connections, so that
part is already done. Check out:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/karma/

It's available for Linux as well as many other unices. And the price
is right (free).

Regards,

Richard....