Re: Progress on knfsd

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sun, 09 Nov 1997 18:16:01 -0500

Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
> Problems still abound in smbfs. I had a chance to do some testing this
> weekend, and here's what happens:

OK, I'll try to track these down. First, for unmounting I just use
regular umount. You don't need to use smbumount, and it may not be
working. I'm using NT workstation here over 100mb ethernet and have no
umount problems.

For the Win 3.1 problems, I'm still not sure what's causing the file
creation problem. If you could first revert the patch (go back to clean
2.1.62), then turn on all debugging in proc.c, sock.c, and inode.c (just
uncomment the debug defs near the top of the files.)

Then just try a simple file creation and access, e.g. something like
echo hi >foo
cat foo
rm -f foo

and send me the syslog debugging output.

The reclen 2048 problem in iozone looks interesting. Can you point me to
where I can get a copy of iozone, and I'll see what's going on there.

Regards,
Bill