Re: 2.0.31-1 patch: possible fix for some inode problems

Benjamin C.R. LaHaise (blah@kvack.org)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 17:54:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Nathan Bryant wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Benjamin C.R. LaHaise wrote:
>
> > Are you using MD? If so you can safely ignore the message - I just wanted
> > to see if any of the filesystems were doing anything silly. The following
> > patch 'll take care of it and still let the message come through.
> > Alternatively, just comment out the printk in clear_inode (as it locks the
> > inode if it wasn't).
>
> Nope. Only fs'es in use are ext2 and proc. The disk is a scsi connected
> to an Adaptec 2940U; I'm also using Doug Ledford's Nov05 abort/reset
> handler patch.

Hmmmm... I'd like to know where clear_inode is getting called from like
this (as reading through source looks like it ain't gonna happen), so if
you could change the printk in clear_inode to something like:

printk(KERN_DEBUG "VFS: clear_inode on unlocked from %p\n", (&inode)[-1]);

And report what function the address maps to, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

-ben