Re: linux-2.0.32 + ben-inode.diff hangs on NFS

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
9 Nov 1997 16:20:24 +0100

In article <644all$73g$1@defiant.cistron.nl>,
Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
>I'm running linux-2.0.32-1 + the ben-inode.diff on one of our machines.
>Some processes start to hang in state `D' on NFS access.

[..]
>Seems they are stuck in wait_on_inode. So this is probably a bug in the
>ben-inode.diff...

It just got worse - I tried to revert to a "plain" 2.0.32-1, so compiled
one (on another machine), installed it but even lilo now hangs in state D.
Tried "sync" .. also hangs. Oops - hard reboot required I'm afraid. We'll
see what happens with 2.0.32-1 vanilla.

Mike.

--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/