Re: OOPS in 2.1.62 in refile_buffer

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 21:58:36 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Simon's Mailing List Account wrote:

> P54C/133, 112MB RAM, Debian 1.3.1, compiled with latest egcs snapshot,
> any more info available upon request (i don't think it's relevent)

Just our of prudence, could you try compiling it with gcc-2.7.2.1 or some
such "known reasonably stable" compiler?

The egcs snapshots are not likely to be unstable, but I'd still prefer to
get kernel crash reports with a compiler that I really can trust pretty
much and with code generation that I can easily verify myself.

Linus