Re: PnP with 2.1.62

Pekka Pietik{inen (pp@netppl.fi)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 13:37:01 +0200

On Nov 7, 9:39am, Thorsten Westheider wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to this list, so please excuse if this is an FAQ ;^)
Oh, this can be found from the awedrv faq, at
http://bahamut.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iwai/awedrv

Q2.4*: I installed ISA PnP tools, but still awedrv says "can't detect
AWE32".

Check WaveTable entries in your /etc/isapnp.conf file. AWE32 uses three
I/O ports, normally 0x620, 0xa20, and 0xe20, but in the default ouput from
pnpdump is sometimes lack of the last two pots (0xa20 and 0xe20). In such
a case, you have to add them manually. For example,

# Logical device id CTL0021
(CONFIGURE CTL0044/962642 (LD 2
# ANSI string -->WaveTable<--
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0620))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0A20))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0E20))
(ACT Y)
))

(Anyway, questions like this are better suited for
linux-sound@vger.rutgers.edu)

--
Pekka Pietikäinen, Net People Ltd., Oulu, Finland