Re: AMD K6 on Linux?

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:37:44 -0500 (EST)

How about this: Call 'em bogoticks... and multiply them by ( -1 * 10^-3)..
People dont like using numbers like -0.046 as benchmarks.. All in the know
can still say 46 bogomips..

Call me drastic.. But I've had to argue the bogomips thing with many
people.. They seem to think that because increasing the clock rate
increases the bogos that they are a good benchmark.