Re: Problems with 3C905 and Linux

Tore Olsen (toreo@tihlde.hist.no)
28 Oct 1997 11:36:40 +0100

Troels Arvin <rhl@www.studmed.ku.dk> writes:

> >I tried 0.46B without success (on 10MBit net). My box depend very much
> >on NFS, so I had to switch to a 3c509 which works perfectly.
> >
> >I will try 0.46C later today and see how it works. Let me know how
> >you're doing.
>
> I will probably not have time for further experiments until the end of next
> week. But I'm very interested in hearing about your exeriences with v. 0.46C.

Ok. I've got an uptime of 4 days, 22 hours now with 2.0.31 and 0.46C.
I have not had any problems with the driver, and it seems to be much
better than the previous version. With 0.46B problems would show up
after no more than a couple of days.

I'm mounting my /home over NFS, and have tested copying of some huge
files without problems.

I recommend anyone that has a 3com 509 to try upgrading to 0.46C.

-Toreo

--
Surprise, fear, and a ruthless dedication to the Gnu!