Re: Can we make smbfs standalone?

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:26:40 -0400

Marty Leisner wrote:

> Can we make smbfs a standalone module (like ntfs?)
>
> All this would involve is moving the smbfs headers into the
> source directory instead of include (I don't think anyone
> else needs them).

The smbfs has structures that are incorporated into inodes and
superblocks as a union, so this limits the degree to which the code can
be separated.

I understand that it's not very convenient to keep applying the snapshot
patches I've been sending out -- my source tree is getting more and more
out of sync with 2.1.57, so it's getting difficult for me to issue
patches that compile cleanly.
Hopefully this will get cleared up soon when Linus returns ...

Regards,
Bill