Re: updated patch for lockd, rpc

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 17:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Bill Hawes wrote:

> I've attached an updated patch for nfs lockd and sunrpc routines, and it
> seems to work cleanly now. I can mount and unmount NFS without
> complaints, the lockd and rpciod processes go up and down as they
> should, and there's no disk corruption afterwards.

(snip)

Bill,

I have been beating the daylights out of my setup, and am pleased to
report that 2.1.57 with your:

lockd_57-patch
nfs_57-patch.gz
remount_57-patch
smbfs_57-patch.gz
sunrpc_57-patch

patches has been rock-solid for the past few days. Not only that, but
it's arguably the snappiest combination of NFS and interactive performance
I've seen in the 2.1.x series <g>.

Nice work!

I'm about to try your latest sunrpc diffs.

Steve