Re: More on 2.1.57 hanging lockd processes

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 23:06:08 -0400

Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> The current status on my desktop:
>
> 10:13am up 3 days, 2:00, 4 users, load average: 24.12, 23.39, 22.22
>
> Whee! And the system is still quite responsive...linux really performs! :-)
>
> For what it's worth, one of these processes seems to get created at almost
> every NFS file system mount. Since I'm running in a big networked
> environment with amd (and also messing with autofs) I do a fair number of
> mounts. Thus the climbing load average.

The NFS client mount code does start lockd, so maybe it's just missing a
check for whether lockd is already running. I'll take a look at it and
try to figure out what's going on.

Is the locking working, or are all those daemons fighting among
themselves? :-)

Regards,
Bill