Re: Kernel 2.0.31pre9 memory leak (or where did all the memory go?)

Chris Adams (cadams@ro.com)
26 Sep 1997 20:50:40 GMT

Gnome <huny@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
>For the people who are seeing the memory leak, could you check to see if
>you compiled in bridging? I removed bridging and the leaks seem to have gone
>away for me.

I don't have bridging compiled on either of my systems that went kaput.
However, one thing I have noticed in common with a lot of the other
reports is that they have ip_alias turned on and/or are doing routing.
Since both of the systems I tried it on are "production" systems, I
can't really go experiment on them (I shouldn't have tried 2.0.31-pre9
on them either, really).

--
Chris Adams - cadams@ro.com
System Administrator - Renaissance Internet Services