Re: Kernel 2.0.31pre9 memory leak (or where did all the memory go?)

Michael J. Maravillo (mmj@philonline.com.ph)
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:52:35 +0800 (GMT+0800)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, James Mastros wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Michael J. Maravillo wrote:
>> No problems so far
>> except for the keyboard being really unusable. I get a bunch of
>> these when I type anything on the console:
>>
>> keyboard: unrecognized scancode (6a) - ignored
>> keyboard: unknown scancode e0 6a
>> keyboard: unrecognized scancode (71) - ignored
>
>What keybord do you have? Most importantly, does it have any "extra" keys
>(keys that aren't on a normal US 101 key keybord, such as Windows 95 keys,
>accent keys, etc.), and is it programable (such as Gateway 2000's keybords)?
>If you are using the former and get these messages, it's just because the
>kernel dosn't know about those keys; if it's the later, then somebody is
>likely interested in trying to reverse-engineer it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the keyboard has been working okay before.
It just acted up maybe around a week later. I followed Michael Driscoll's
suggestion to unplug/plug it and worked.

Thanks for the reply,
Mike
__
Michael J. Maravillo Philippines Online
System Administrator PGP KeyID: 470AED9D InfoDyne, Incorporated
http://www.philonline.com.ph/~mmj/ 4A N&M Bldg, 1184 Chino Roces, Makati