Re: Style question: comparison between signed and unsigned?

Patrick St. Jean (psj@cgmlarson.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:06:38 -0500 (CDT)

On 24 Sep 1997, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> John Alvord <jalvo@cloud9.net> writes:
>
> > Did I understand an earlier comment that cleaning up these error messages
> > in glibc detected some actual problems?
>
> Yes. Sometimes signed variables were used where unsigned were needed
> and in a some cases vice versa.

The why are people complaining that the warnings are stupid/worthless/an
inconvenience/whatever? Seems to me that they did their job.

Pat (compiling with -Wall until nothing gets spit back as a rule)

| Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj@cgmlarson.com |
| Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x106 |
| Larson Software Technology                        http://www.cgmlarson.com |