Re: And in today's snapshot...

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:40:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> > Could you also distribute as a diff against newest (non-pre) kernel? That
> > should allow people to start using the davem tree withought downloading a
> > nine meg whopper. (Unless that diff aproches the size of a straight
>
> I have a feeling that a complete diff of the latest kernel to the CVS kernel
> would result in a whopper of a diff file. There are substational differences.

Not really. It's 264KB as a gziped diff, which I will readly agree is a
huge diff. But it's 8.8M as a .tar.gz, so it's certainly less of a
bandwidth hog. (That's linux-2.1.56-pre1 to linux-2.1.55-VGER-CVS970917, as
that's what I have on hand.)

-=- James Mastros

---
  "Shooting as [a] communications method is obsolete even here in Bosnia, so
I'll skip over it."
	-=- Dragisha Durich