Re: gpm & 2.1.52

Pawel S. Veselov (vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su)
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 00:39:15 +0400 (MSD)

Hello, Stephen!

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Stephen Beynon wrote:

>> > This is a test string
>> > OoOoOoOoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCCCCDCDCDCDooOOAA
>> > And this is a result:
>> > OoOoOoOoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCCCCDCDCDCDooOOAA
>> >
>> > Seems, that certain symbols are changing to god knows what...
>since these symbols seem to have mutated back to being correct since the
>first post can I assume that it is corruption of one bit ( the top bit ? )

Yes, the oldest bit is set but not for all symbols. Not for some range of
symbols... Just for some symbols. Can't test it now, it is working...

Bye.

--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

--
    With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel)
       internet : vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su ( mail,finger,talk )