Re: vt on second vga

rovo@ibm.net (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:09:08 +0200

> It depends upon the card. Most (PCI) video cards only have one
> option for choice of IO ports, etc. so these cannot be used in
> conjunction with another of the same type. This is seriously lame.

Almost all ELSA cards based upon the S3 chipset (beginning with famous
ELSA Winner 1000) can be set to secondary (sometimes even tertiary and
quaternary) address. This includes EISA and even ISA cards!

Unfortunately the Linux kernel seems only to support the combination
of color (EGA/VGA) and and mono (MDA/HGC) card. It would be nice to
drop that limitation. Maybe the GGI folks have something going in
that direction?

Dominik Kubla

--
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.  Any official