Re: gpm & 2.1.52

Stephen Beynon (lin-kernel@askone.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:47:01 +0000 (GMT)

I have seen this before on a variety of kernels 2.0.x/2.1.x usualy when
cronically overclocking my graphics card with SVGATextMode :) so I assumed
that this was graphics card related. I have not looked at the code, but I
assume it just reads the relevent memory from the Video card.

On Sun, 7 Sep 1997, Richard A. Soderberg wrote:

> Same here... 2.1.49... Got extremely tired of it.. now gpm does fine for
> the first 10 or 15 minutes, then starts going insane.. ps2, haven't tested
> under 2.1.54..
>
> Richard
>
> > Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 00:54:12 +0400 (MSD)
> > From: "Pawel S. Veselov" <vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su>
> > To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> > Subject: gpm & 2.1.52
>
> > Hello, All !
> >

> > Weird thing. Smth happened with my gpm ( 1.10 ). I used it for a long time
> > without troubles, but with 2.1.52 kernel it became crazy...
> >
> > Doing cut&paste returns strange symbols:
> >
> > This is a test string
> > OoOoOoOoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCCCCDCDCDCDooOOAA
> > And this is a result:
> > OoOoOoOoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCCCCDCDCDCDooOOAA
> >
> > Seems, that certain symbols are changing to god knows what...

since these symbols seem to have mutated back to being correct since the
first post can I assume that it is corruption of one bit ( the top bit ? )

Stephen