Re: linux kernel for embedded use.

nospam-seesignature@ceddec.com
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:10:19 -0400

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > however nobody has any interesting hardware using the SH-3 that could be
> > > "Linuxed". The SH-3 MMU looks scary too
> >
> > No one with one of these PDAs with an SH-3? Would be nice to wipe off Windows
> > CE and install Linux/SH3...
>
> Easier said than done.
>
> > Then install Apache:
> > Run a webserver in the pocket of your jacket :-)
>
> http://toy.cabi.net
>
> I already can.
>
> Alan

Nice. I think it beats my Gateway Handbook 486 running as our outpost
server (on the far side of the firewall). I don't know if I turned on
Apache, but it makes a great Quake tunnel and general proxy server for
when someone uses a port that our firewall doesn't forward (1 pcmcia card,
17 IP addresses - quake servers demand unique IP addresses, proxy code).

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---