Re: ICMP redirects never followed in 2.0.30?

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:51:05 +0200 (Funky)

Ivan Nejgebauer wrote:

>smurf@lap.noris.de (Matthias Urlichs) wrote:
>>> [faulty redirect handling]
>>> In pre-7, the code is still there... I just tossed the #if conditionals.
>
>... in which case a packet will be accepted even if IP forwarding is
>off. The following patch (against vanilla 2.0.30) should take care of
>the problem:
>
>-#if !defined(CONFIG_IP_DUMB_ROUTER)
>-#else
>-#endif

Umm, this is exactly what I meant by "tossing the conditionals". ;-)

Sorry if that wasn't clear. That DUMB_ROUTER option has to vanish anyway,
obviously -- (a) it's not set anywhere, (b) there may be no such thing as a
dumb router in the Internet. It's not healthy. Either you're a smart router
or you don't route. End of disscussion. IMnsHO.

--
Matthias Urlichs
noris network GmbH