Re: The Slab Allocator (Was: Re: New dcache not using slab allocator?)

Kevin Buhr (buhr@stat.wisc.edu)
06 Aug 1997 13:23:22 -0500

I wrote:

> I highly recommend the Usenix article referenced in "linux/mm/slab.c"
> as required reading for anyone who can't figure out why the mess of
> code in "mm/slab.c" is really worth using.

Lots of people have asked me where they can get this article:

The Slab Allocator: An Object-Caching Kernel Memory Allocator
Jeff Bonwick (Sun Microsystems).
Presented at: USENIX Summer 1994 Technical Conference

Most university libraries supporting a nearby computer science
department will carry the "Proceedings of the USENIX Technical
Conference". That's where I got my copy.

Kevin <buhr@stat.wisc.edu>